The church lays its foundation in the year 1817, when the alliance was formed between Kotahkingdom and East India Company. As a result of this alliance, Christians were stationed at Kota. Following the events, the church was established by the efforts of Scottish Presbyterian missionaryRev. W.Boner. In 1889, the serving heart of Rev. W.Boner had inspired many drought effectedpeople to embrace Christianity. Then Rev. Boner wrote a letter to the political agent Col. Wiley in 1891 regarding the construction of the church in kota, after this His highness king of Kota MaharaoUmed Singh allotted the land to him on which the church was constructed.
The church is located in the heart of Kota, opposite to Old Subzi Mandi with a layout of 2563 square yards. Then the ownership of land was transferred from Rajputana Territory to Presbyterian mission of The United Church of Northern India Trust association. Further, transferred to Church of North India Trust andis administered under Diocese of Rajasthan. The unification process of Churches in North India ledthe merger of later to Church of North India on 29th November 1970, with administrative shift toDiocese of Delhi, CNI. With due course of time a new Diocese was formed on 29th November1981 and named as Diocese of Rajasthan.
The Church building has undergone a series of modifications with the lapse of time. In 1989, Church building capacity was almost doubled to accommodate ever increasing congregation. In summer 2003, Bell Tower was built atop of Church and in 2005, old roof of the Church wasreplaced by RCC roof. The Church is envisioned to construct 3000 sq.feet Church hall and 2 guestrooms for Pastors and Missionaries. With a congregation of around 350 families as on date, this is the leading Church in Southern Rajasthan region.